Terms & Conditions
Home & Hospitality Booking Conditions
We are delighted that you wish to book with us.
These Booking Conditions form a contract that will exist between you and Home and Hospitality Limited when we confirm arrangements so please read them carefully before you submit your booking request at www.homeandhospitality.co.uk
Before you complete your Booking Request please note that:
1. Your booking will be personal to you and you will be responsible for it. When you make a Booking Request you must not use any name other than your own, exactly as it appears on your passport.
2. To request a booking you must be 18 years of age or older.
3. When you click to submit your Booking Request this confirms that you have read and agree for yourself and on behalf of all members of your party to be bound by these Booking Conditions.
How your booking will proceed
4. You submit your Booking Request. If this is for accommodation at a property that can be booked instantly, you will be invited to confirm your booking with full payment by submitting your debit or credit card details before leaving our website and immediately after doing so, you will receive your Booking Confirmation document by e-mail.
5. If the accommodation you’ve selected is available only on request, you will receive an e-mail from us setting out the information you have entered on your Booking Request. We will reserve accommodation for you and send you an Acknowledgement of Provisional Booking / Invoice. On receipt of your payment we will issue your Booking Confirmation document.
6. Your Booking Confirmation will show the exact name and address of the property at which accommodation is booked for you and your host’s name, telephone number and e-mail address.
7. If the accommodation you’ve requested is not available, we will usually be able to suggest an alternative.
8. These Booking Conditions form a contract between the person whose name is shown on your Booking Request and Home and Hospitality Limited (company number 6428599, registered address 11 Studd Street, Islington, London N1 0QJ). The contract is governed by English Law and the jurisdiction of the English Courts but you may, if you wish, choose the jurisdiction of Scotland or Northern Ireland by informing us by e-mail within 7 days of receipt of our Booking Confirmation.
9. Our prices include accommodation (and, if applicable, meals) as described on our website, www.homeandhospitality.co.uk, and local taxes in India where these relate to the provision of the accommodation booked.
10. We reserve the right to increase or reduce prices on our website. Such changes will not affect the price you pay which is fully guaranteed once we have issued your Booking Confirmation.
11. However, we do reserve the right to correct (at any time) any manifest pricing errors on our website or documents sent to you.
Our prices exclude
12. Meals, other than any specifically mentioned on our website page for the accommodation you have chosen;
All other additional services;
13. As soon as possible after receiving your Booking Confirmation, you must provide the following essential information to your host(s): (a) the title, name, surname, nationality, passport number and age of each person in your party set out by bedroom booked and (b) your anticipated time of arrival. At this stage, if you have booked a Homestay, you may wish to let your host know other things such as your interests, profession, and the purpose of your visit etc. (but you’re not obliged to do this).
14. If required, these may be arranged directly with your host(s) and / or our local travel adviser(s) in India. Contact details for our local travel adviser will be shown on your Booking Confirmation document.
15. Home and Hospitality Limited accepts no responsibility for any additional services. These depend entirely on arrangements you make directly with your host(s) and / or local travel adviser(s) in India, to whom payment is to be made by you directly and in accordance with their separate terms and conditions.
16. If you wish to alter the arrangements requested by you and confirmed by us on our Booking Confirmation, we will do our best to accommodate any changes you request but this may not always be possible.
17. All such amendments will incur an administration charge:
a. Per simple amendment (such as a change of name of the person named on the Booking Confirmation): £10
b. Per complex amendment (such as a change of dates or accommodation or any change affecting price, but excluding total or partial cancellation of your booking): £40
If you change or cancel arrangements you have made directly with your host in India or with our local travel adviser(s) there for additional services
18. Additional services do not form part of your contract with Home and Hospitality Limited and provided that any changes you make to additional services do not alter the information printed on Home and Hospitality’s Booking Confirmation, Home and Hospitality Limited need not be informed.
19. Changes to additional services should be notified to your host(s) and / local travel adviser(s) as appropriate. Such changes may be subject to charges as defined in their separate terms and conditions.
If you cancel your booking
20. You may cancel your booking with Home and Hospitality Limited at any time, either in total or in part.
21. As we incur costs in cancelling arrangements, you will have to pay cancellation charges as shown below.
22. Cancellation charges (calculated from the UK working day of receipt of your notice of cancellation by e-mail)
· 30% from the date of issue of our Booking Confirmation up to and including 121 days prior to arrival at the accommodation booked
· 60% from 120 days to 61 days prior to arrival at the accommodation booked
· 80% from 60 days to 15 days prior to arrival at the accommodation booked
· 100% within 14 days of arrival at the accommodation booked
· 100% for non-arrival
23. Please note that if the reason for your cancellation is covered under the terms of your insurance policy you may be able to reclaim these charges.
24. In the unlikely event that we are unable to provide accommodation arrangements as booked by you and confirmed by us we will inform you at the earliest possible opportunity. You may then choose to have a full refund of all monies paid or to accept an alternative from us, if available. We will refund any price difference if the alternative is of a lower value.
Our responsibility to you
25. If we or our supplier(s) fail to provide the accommodation booked and as described on our website we will pay you appropriate compensation if this has seriously affected your enjoyment of the arrangements.
26. However, we will not be liable where any failure in the performance of the contract between us is due to:
a. you or a third party (other than one of our suppliers)
b. unforeseeable, unavoidable or unusual circumstances or events beyond our control or the control of our suppliers, the consequences of which could not have been avoided even if all due care had been exercised.
27. Our total liability shall not exceed twice the total sum charged for your booking except:
28. Nothing in these terms and conditions affects your statutory rights and in particular nothing in these terms and conditions excludes or limits our liability:
a. for any death or personal injury caused by our negligence or our suppliers’ negligence;
b. for any matter in which it would be illegal for us to exclude or attempt to exclude our liability;
c. for any fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
29. We reserve the right to terminate your booking at any time without making any refund to you and also to claim from you for any loss, damage and / or injury sustained by us, our employees, suppliers, representatives, contractors and / or agents if you or any other member of your party should cause any malicious, wilful or negligent damage.
30. We also reserve the right to terminate your booking at any time without making any refund to you if you or any other member of your party commits any illegal act or behaves in such a way as to spoil other guests’ enjoyment of their booking or to prevent our supplier(s) from delivering services booked by you or any other party.
31. If we terminate your booking we will usually hold your details and those of all other members of your party within our systems and we may refuse any future bookings from you or any other member(s) of your party.
Passport, visa and immigration requirements
32. Your specific passport and visa requirements, and any other immigration requirements are your responsibility and you should confirm these with the relevant Embassies and / or Consulates.
33. We do not accept any responsibility if you cannot travel because you have not complied with any passport, visa or immigration requirements.
34. Your host in India is legally obliged to see your passport and the passport of every person in your party and to make a note of the name(s) and number on each.
If you have any problems while you are in India
35. If you have a problem with or complaint about your accommodation please inform your host(s) immediately.
36. If the matter isn’t dealt with swiftly and to your satisfaction, please tell our local travel adviser.
37. If any complaint is not resolved locally please write to us by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org within 28 days of your departure from the accommodation giving your booking reference number and all other relevant information. Please keep your letter concise and to the point. This will help us to quickly identify your concerns and speed up our response to you.
38. If you fail to follow these simple procedures we and our supplier(s) will have been deprived of the opportunity to investigate your complaint and rectify matters while you were at the accommodation booked and this may affect your rights under this contract.
Questions or complaints about your booking before you travel
39. If you have any question in relation to your booking please contact reservations@ homeandhospitality.co.uk
40. If you have any complaint please contact email@example.com and we will respond to you as quickly as we can.
Details of changes to these Booking Conditions
41. From time to time we may need to change these Booking Conditions.
42. We will publish changes on our website, www.homeandhospitality.co.uk and you are responsible for checking whether these terms and conditions have been changed.
43. If you continue with your booking following any change we shall take this to mean that you accept the change.
Last updated: 1 September 2011
Home and Hospitality Limited, Acorn House, Prospect Road, Halesowen, West Midlands, United Kingdom B62 8DU. Company number 6428599.