Candolim Luxury Villa (Major), Goa
Retreat of choice for the aristocracy and jet-set elite, Candolim luxury villa offers an unforgettable experience of breathtaking opulence.
Exquisitely designed with luxurious interiors, the magnificent Villa sits amongst an expansive tropical garden, which stretches down to the edge of the idyllic Candolim beach. The vast grounds ensure that you can wander freely around this Eden and be unlikely to come across other guests. Meander through Coconut groves and clusters of Cashew trees, maybe pop into the Meditation room, or perhaps head to the Massage room.
Take a dip in the swimming pool or relax in the gazebo or one of the poolside loungers – toilet and shower facilities are nearby. Then take a few paces down to the private gate and the 7 kilometres of Candolim beach beyond. An area of the beach, complete with sit-outs, is marked off for sole use of Lakhanpal’s guests.
Relax, eat and drink on the Villa’s expansive verandah, enjoy an al fresco lunch in the garden or a candle-lit dinner under the stars. It is not just your surroundings though that makes eating here such an experience. The organic herbs and vegetables are supplied by the kitchen garden and the gourmet chef is more than happy to help you design your own exciting seafood menu.
The Villa’s contemporary décor offsets the owner’s collection of modern Indian art and select pieces of furniture. Materials used in the architect-designed rooms include honey-coloured Rajasthani stone, charcoal grey granite and subtle mosaics. The spacious verandah spans the entire ground floor and is divided into several traditional Goan-Portuguese style built-in seating areas; perfect for eating; reading; conversation or simply watching the world go by.
- 2 suites
- 3 double ensuite rooms
- A magnificent living room
- A plant-filled atrium
- A white mosaic and black stone guest washroom
- A huge, garden-front verandah running the entire length of the villa
- A vast verandah dining area
- Several seating areas facing coconut groves and a tropical garden
- Bedroom 1: suite, with a four-poster double bed (6 ft. 3” wide) and stunning attached bathroom; both open into a private courtyard with a coconut tree and a water basin. The bedroom gives out on a large terrace facing a serene Zen garden.
- Bedroom 2: an imposing room with a double bed (6 ft. 3” wide) and attached bathroom, opening into a private courtyard. In addtion to the bathroom inside, there is also an external circular bathtub in stone in the private courtyard. The bedroom’s picture-windows overlook the garden and the sea beyond.
- A kitchen and pantry servicing house guests
First floor, at the top of a sweeping staircase:
- Bedroom 3: an exceptionally spacious suite with a double-bed (6 ft. 3” wide) on a raised platform, a sitting area and an attached bathroom. The suite’s private terrace overlooks the Arabian sea.
- Bedroom 4: with double-bed (6 ft. 3” wide) and attached bathroom. The bedroom opens onto a terrace shared with Bedroom 5
- Bedroom 5: flexible sleeping arrangements: twin beds can be joined to form a huge double bed (6 ft. 6” wide); spacious, mosaic-tile bathroom attached. Can be accessed either by an independent staircase or via Bedroom 4.
- A pleasant reading lounge
- A wide, sea-facing terrace
Split air-conditioners in all bedrooms (designed for reduced noise levels; external compressor units).
Within a short walk:
- Newtron Supermarket, which sells a range of goods: Groceries, Gifts, Household goods
- Bosio Hospital hospital
- Mapusa and Calangute business districts
- St Theresa High School
- Lions Club of Candolim - charitable agency
- Corrine restaurant, an intimate family-run eatery which serves traditional Goan food
- HDFC Bank
- An ATM
- Sai Communications official money changer
- An internet cafe
Within a short drive:
- Local village temples
- Fort Aguada forts
- Mapusa town market
- Kala Academy: Hosts a variety of plays, film festivals, music and dance
- Carnival: A local festival in which a multitude of themed floats travel from town to town
- Dabolim airport. Driving Time: 1 hour. Connections with: All over Goa
- Panjim Bus Terminal: Driving Time: 25 minutes. Connections with: Panjim
- Thivim Railway Station. Driving Time: 30 minutes. Connections with: North Goa (Panjim, Calagute, Mapusa, Candolom)
- Complimentary airport transfer
- Complimentary laundry service, except dry cleaning
- Complimentary internet
- Daily housekeeping service
- Personalised, home-prepared meals (lunch or dinner) on a chargeable basis
- Cable TV
- Car and driver hire
Click here to read Terms & Conditions