Jayan and Priya’s Homestay, Kottayam
The perfect homestay experience for exploring the Kerala backwaters or for submerging yourself in traditional Indian life!
Jayan and Priya will really make you feel like one of the family in their charming and well-preserved ancestral heritage home in Kottayam.
With excellent transport links, the property is located next to a railway line and located close to the centre of Kottayam, their delightful guest house is perfectly positioned to serve as a base from which to explore the Kerala backwaters.
… Although the chances are that you’ll find it difficult to move on after the warm welcome, exceptional home-cooked Keralan fare and the offer of complimentary cooking experiences, astrology, river fishing, guided shopping trips, village and temple walks!
Message from the host
From a customer email:
"A fantastic welcome and an especially authentic Indian experience. Jay and Priya are utterly charming, and their home is a wonderful reliquary for traditional Keralan culture. The location is incredibly convenient for exploring Kerala; the rooms are pretty and very well-adapted for the climate; the food delicious; and the company excellent! Two thumbs up!" - CP Turnbull
Within a short walk:
- Meenachil River
- Local markets
Within a short drive:
- Cheriyaballi Church -10 minutes in a tuk tuk
- Thirunakkara Mahadeva Temple - 10 minutes in a tuk tuk
- 1 km from the centre of Kottayam
- A fifteen minute drive down the Kottayam-Kumarakom Road gets you to Kumarakom and Vembanadu Lake
- Broadband Internet (Free)
- Laundry (approx Rs30)
- Pick-up Services (free from railway & bus station, Cochin Airport approx Rs1,300)
Click here to read Terms & Conditions