The Anthraper’s Home
Glowingly reviewed in Conde Nast, a beautifully restored family home situated on the banks of the Kerala Backwaters in Cherthala, less than 15 minutes from the unspoilt beach at Arthingal.
This substantial home was built almost a century ago by the grandfather of this friendly family, an important plantation owner. It has been designed and furnished to a high standard and provides a very pleasing alternative to luxury hotel accommodation. For those with time to spend Yoga and Kerala cooking classes are available to keep you occupied.
As Cherthala is on the coastal side of the Backwaters, half way between Alleppy and Cochin, it makes a good base to explore both these places as well as the superb undiscovered local beaches.
- 2 spacious double rooms, with air conditioning and en suite
- 1 double room, with fan and en suite
Within a short walk:
- Kanan Devan Tea Plantation
Within short drive (under 1.5 hours):
- Munnar - stunning vistas of endless tea gardens
- Manupetty Dam - a great spot for picnics and boating
- Kundale Dam - another picturesque spot for a picnic
- Echo Point - famous for a curious natural echo phenomenon
- Top Station - A great view of Kerala and Tamil Nadu from the highest tea plantation in South India
- Rajamalai Sanctuary - Home to the endangered Nilgiri Tahr
- Devikulam - famous for it's natural mineral water springs and trout fishing
- Anamudi - The highest peak in South India. Ideal for trekking
- Laundry (Rs10-30 per item)
- Broadband Internet
- Canoe Trip including visits to Coir Makers, Shrimp Farmers (Rs500)
- Day Trips: Ancient Churches, Temples, Arthingal Beach (Rs175/hr)
- Yoga - 5 day package with books (Rs1,500 per person)
- Yoga - 2 hours (Rs300)
Click here to read Terms & Conditions